William B. Summers, Trial Attorney
Let Our Legal Team Work On Your Case
Summers & Associates
William B. Summers, Managing Attorney with his wife, Julie.
Marietta College: 1989-1993
- B.A. in Music
- B.A. in History
- Certificate (Minor) from McDonough Leadership and Business Center
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- College Honors in History and Music
- Herf Law Scholarship
- Honorary History Society Membership
- Award for Best Published Paperwork in History
- Numerous other scholarships and awards
West Virginia University College of Law:
- Earned J.D.
- Completed Advanced Courses in Law Practice Management and Real Estate
- Clerked for Bowles Rice McDavid Graff and Love: 1993-1996
- Admitted to the West Virginia State Bar: 1996
- Admitted to Practice Law in the Southern Federal District of West Virginia: 1996
- Admitted to Practice Law in the State of Ohio: 2001
- Admitted to Practice Law in the Northern Federal District of West Virginia: 2010
- 4th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals, Richmond
William B. Summers and Associates: 1999-Present
- Owner and Managing Attorney. Manages and practices law with 7 employees.
- Practice Areas Include: Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, Divorce and Family Law, Real Estate, and General Civil Litigation
- Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals Decision, Plaintiff’s Counsel Consolidated Public Retirement Board vs. George B. Summers et al., successfully represented several employees against the retirement board when the board changed the calculation of retirement benefits.
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals Decision, Defendant’s Counsel, State of West Virginia v. Richard Alan Poore. Successfully represented convicted murder defendant and case was reversed and remanded for potential dismissal and further proceedings consistent with the supreme court’s decision.
- Bar fight case: Linder v. Early et al., Washington County OH, verdict of $600,000.00 plus costs and interest in favor of Plaintiff.
- Client was college student, Slip and Fall knee injury on unmarked down step from College Building, confidential 6 figure settlement.
- Car Wreck, Death, confidential 6 figure settlement.
- Client injured rollover golf cart, Serious Injuries, confidential 6 figure settlement.
- Client injured in Motorcycle Accident, Serious Injuries, confidential 6 figure settlement.
- Car Wreck, Back Injury, confidential 6 figure settlement.
- Delivery Case State v Canty, Wood County, WV, dismissed at trial.
- Drug Distribution Case, State v Wallace, Wood County, WV, dismissed.
- Arson Case, State v Westfall, Jackson County, WV, case dismissed.
- Drug Possession/Meth Manufacturing Case. State v Callihan, Wood County, WV, case dismissed.
- Embezzlement Case, State v Sutton, Wood County, WV, case dismissed.
- Kidnapping case, State v Lewis, dismissed, Wood County, WV.
- Child Sexual Assault Case, not guilty verdict at bench trial, Wood County, WV.
- Possession of Controlled Substance, State v Macendo-Ortiz, Pleasants County, WV, with interpreter speaking Spanish, successfully dismissed drug case and arranged return of $12,000 to illegal alien from Mexico.
- Guardianship Case, successfully achieved Guardianship for non-related caregivers of child over the natural mother. Wood County, WV. In Re: Guardianship A. B.
- Adoption Case, successfully appealed and overturned adoption by non-biological guardians on behalf of the natural mother 4th District Court of Appeals Ohio, In Re: B. C.
- Child Sexual Assault Case, State v Jones, Marion County WV, 20 counts not guilty on all counts after jury trial.
- State v Westbrook drug possession with intent case with firearm violation, negotiated misdemeanor plea w/non reporting probation and return of all seized non contraband property including new vehicle and hundreds of collectible pairs of shoes.
- Fire loss (house fire) bad faith case, 5 figure settlement.
- Deliberate Intent Case (where worker injured and employer sued outside of Worker’s Comp) 6 figure settlement.
- Car Wreck, 5 figure settlement.
- Represented thousands of individual and business clients in numerous trials, litigation, and other legal matters.